45th Annual WALA Spring Conference
March 5-7, 2020
During the conference, here is the Session Presentation Evaluation form.
CONFERENCE TOPICS TO-DATE:
- Adult SEL Skills
- Strengths-Based Re-Engagement
- High School and Beyond Plan: College and Career Resources
- Strategies and Tips for Complicated September Enrollment
- Working with Licensed Restorative Practices
- Moving Hearts and Minds: Shifting Adult Beliefs and Behaviors to Close Student Opportunity Gap
- Habits and Boundaries to Help Educators Maintain Mental and Emotional Self-Care
- How to Intrinsically Motivate Yourself, Your Staff, and Students
- High-Tech to Low Tech Supports for Struggling Learners
- De-escalate During Escalated Incidents
- Equity, Culturally Responsive Teaching and Addressing the Achievement Gap
- Building Relationships with Students in Online Format
- School Funding in ALE Setting
- School Funding in Open Doors Setting
- Teaching Tier 2 and SEL Students
- Legend Development Center: Neuroscience in Context to ALE Education
- From Sanctions to Success: Explorer Academy’s K-12 Journey to Growth
- SchoolData Solutions: Implicit Bias: Addressing Microaggressions
- Online Program: Title forthcoming
- CAP 21 Success in Shelton
- Full-Day Kindergarten Success in Sky Valley
- Utilizing Instructional Support Staff in a PPP
- Engaging Community Partners in ALE
- Strategies to Engage and Re-Engage Students on a Path to On Time Graduation
- Supporting SEL Needs of Students Through On Time Graduation
- Creating a Meaningful School Improvement Plan for ALE Settings
- Dual Language in ALE
- Gradeless Classroom
- STEM: Title forthcoming
CONFERENCE PROGRAM (coming soon)
Includes conference registration, meals and clock hours.
Room reservations:code is 1Y7292
Click above to register then use Add to Cart button below to submit payment.
Pay by credit card here (Registration Form must also be submitted):
Included in conference registration fee.
- Pre-Conference Thursday 9am-3pm (please see below for details)
- ALE 101 to Program Development
- Mental/Personal Health with Kaiser Permanente (TBD)
- Friday breakfast, lunch and dinner/banquet
- Saturday breakfast and lunch
We are providing a Pre-Conference this year for up to 160 people. (Lunch provided)
Please email Brad Sprague your choices 1-2-3 in rank order. I will fill slots as I get your email. (email@example.com)
WALA puts on a silent and live auction during the banquet Friday night of the conference to raise money for student scholarships.
Please do not forget to bring items for the auction.
We depend on conference attendees and programs to make our auction a success. Auction item ideas: wine, gift cards, memorabilia, arts and crafts, small themed baskets, etc.
There will be a live auction where WALA will auction off six large baskets. Each region is responsible to orchestrate these items and make sure they are delivered to the conference. Theme ideas: Spa package, golf package, wine tasting, bed and breakfast package, etc. Feel free to contact your region reps to contribute to the baskets.
All of the money collected from the auction goes toward student scholarships issued at the end of the school year. The past two years we have been very light on auction items and income for scholarships, so it would be nice to see a great supply of silent and live auction items to support our students in their future educational goals.
Friend of WALA nomination link: https://docs.google.com/forms/
Elementary Educator of the Year nomination link:
Administrator of the Year nomination link:
Secondary Educator of the Year nomination link:
ELECTIONS: Please elect a person for Position 2 as your Region Representative
- Region 1
- Karen Rosencrans Position 1
- Shane Evans Position 2
- Region 2
- Celeste Waltermeyer Position 1
- Tina Vinnick Position 2 (Recently appointed)
- Region 3
- Donna Olson Position 1
- Karen Brennen Position 2
- Region 4
- Elizabeth Vallaire Position 1
- Ryan Cowl Position 2
- Region 5
- Suzanne Smith Position 1
- Kirsten Erickson Position 2
- Region 6
- Jaki Gosch Position 1
- Karen Chance Position 2
- Shane Evans
January 17, 2020- ALE Administrators Meeting in Lacey
March 5-7, 2020- WALA Annual Conference at Skamania Lodge
Conference Call for Presenters deadline extended to February 1!